I was having general conversation with some teens and a couple of young adults about what they were doing this summer, and surprisingly the majority of the young girls responded whatever my boyfriend wants to do an likewise with the teen boys. I said so that’s kind of funny because your so young and you make it sound like your married and your partner controls whatever happens in the relationship. So I did some research and found this video, because we know that young people think anything a person over the age of 25 tell them is old people information.
Knowing The Signs
- Excessive jealousy.
- Constant checking in with you or making you check in with him or her.
- Attempts to isolate you from friends and family.
- Insulting or putting down people that you care about.
- Is too serious about the relationship too quickly.
- Has had a lot of bad prior relationships – and blames all of the problems on the previous partners.
- Is very controlling. This may include giving you orders, telling you what to wear, and trying to make all of the decisions for you.
- Blames you when he or she treats you badly by telling you all of the ways you provoked him or her.
- Does not take responsibility for own action
If your dating someone and they are showing any of these signs, immediately tell your parents and end the relationship.