Well I hope everyone has had a wonderful holiday season thus far, but I know your thinking what can I do with all of these leftovers? I don’t want to throw away a half eating turkey, ham, green bean casserole and more, so what can I do? Well I’m not sure about the green bean casserole, but the meat let’s look at some options.
Let’s Take a Look at Some Recipes
BEST EVER TURKEY TETRAZZINI (thegirlonbloor.com)
This is the best EVER Turkey Tetrazzini – this cheesy, creamy pasta dish with mushrooms and peas makes leftover turkey delicious again.
Here’s what you need to make this tetrazzini recipe:
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 cups leftover turkey or chicken
- 8 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
Here’s how to make this easy pasta:
- Cook pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water and set aside.
- Meanwhile, saute mushrooms in a large skillet. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once pasta is removed from pot, add pot back to heat and melt butter. Add garlic, sauteeing for 30 seconds until fragrant. Whisk in flour, then add wine. Simmer until slightly reduced. Stir in pasta water, heavy cream, salt & pepper and parmesan cheese, bringing to a boil.
- Add pasta, leftover turkey, mushrooms and peas, tossing well to combine and cooking for 2 minutes or so until heated through.
- Garnish with parsley and extra parmesan cheese.
- Relax and Enjoy!
Gravy-Smothered Thanksgiving Leftovers Burrito (thespruceeats.com)
Wrap up the best parts of your Thanksgiving meal into this tortilla. Smother with gravy, melt cheddar cheese over the top,add a little cranberry sauce on the side for dipping, and you’ve got yourself a sinfully-delicious plate of leftovers.
- 1 large flour tortilla
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/2 cup leftover roast turkey (white or dark meat)
- 1/4 cup leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons leftover stuffing
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar
- 1/4 cup leftover turkey gravy
- Optional: Leftover cranberry sauce
My favorite is my turkey salad sandwiches.
great way to have get rid of the excess turkey you have, while enjoying a nice light and healthy sandwich. yummy. my recipe won’t look professional sorry.
- Pull off the turkey meat off the bone
- put meat in blender to chop finely
- boil some eggs ( I usually boil about 2 eggs)
- onion powder about a teaspoon
- mayo ( to your liking)
- cut up some celery
- salt a pinch
- place everything into a bowl and stir
- then place on croissant roll
- add a bag of chips (optional)
- enjoy, Yummy!